In an attempt to bottle up this emotion, I am making an ongoing list of all the simple pleasures I rarely take the time to appreciate, in the event those tears return. Here's my working list of Favorite Things:
- mix tapes
- random hugs
- playing on the swings
- showering in the dark
- White Chocolate Mocha's
- cold side of the pillow
- green lights all the way home
- letters via snail mail
- smell of lavender and citrus
- lazy Sunday mornings snuggling with the ones you love
- an elderly couple holding hands
- Good Morning emails from those I care about
- and my favorite... the sound of my daughter's laughter... it's like a band-aid... it makes everything better.
The Knife - N.Y. Hotel
Simple, beautiful and almost haunting song about love lost... gets me every time.