{tweet.tweet}

    @nikolspencer

    This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.

    So, tonight I decided was the night to get my groove back. Ha... I've never had any, to be honest, but I decide it was time to get up and move around a little... run, to be exact.

    With a plethora of motivation and my running shoes knotted and ready to go, I snuck one last look in the mirror... Impressed that my new running tank didn't make me look like a 12 year old boy, I took off. It's been about a year since I was consistently active. I lack disciple, I know this. It's not news to me but, I'm 28 years old....I've got a beautiful little girl watching my every move and a lot to look forward to right now... so it looks like it's time for my spring resolution... get up!

    My goal is not fueled by any certain number, although, I wouldn't be mad at the scale subtracting... oh, 15 or so pounds. My goal is to look in the mirror without that moments hesitation. I genuinely don't care what the scale says or what size my jeans are... those numbers are all relative anyway. I found an old notebook of mine the other night, while unpacking one of the last two remaining boxes. In it I found the following entry...

    April 23, 2004.
    Holy shit. 260.
    Right now, standing in front of the mirror, I wonder where did that little 120 pound girl who cried at the thought of wearing a bathing suit go?
    I look like I ate her.

    So, 30 minutes after knotting my sneakers, head between my knees, heart pounding, feeling like I was going to have a heart attack... I smile, remembering how far I've already come....

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails