{tweet.tweet}

    @nikolspencer

    Today's assignment...

    I pose these questions:

    What is the point of having someone around if you're not allowing the opportunity to share the spontaneous moments, whether it be movie or music or simply sitting on the grass enjoying the shivers the tiny blades send up your legs...but those spontaneous moments when your heart skips, you stand on the couch jumping and screaming "That's what I'm talking about. Right there. That's it!" The moments your world spins and everything smells like lavender. 

    Must everything be new to each and every one of us all the time? By extending an old love are we not extending a piece of ourselves for someone else's insight? Is it not more elegant and humble to lie curled among one another sharing our individual inspirations than stand on street corners, shouting amongst the hurried, distracted by their many colors boasting of our conquests and touting of our lessons? Some call it sophistication… I call it arrogance.

    I’ve poured a large amount of my thoughts into something I’ve not yet been ready to talk about. Among the skeletons I found hiding in my closet, I uncovered something else… an insufferably hopeless romantic lying naked and starved, discarded long ago. I guess that’s just one more cliché I fall prey to… scratch any cynic and you’ll uncover a disappointed romantic.

    I want to spend my weekends being in and making love. I want the wind in my hair and my feet in the mud. I want to hear the laughter of my daughter and feel the gentle kiss of my lover on my neck.  That… is simply all.

    "I don't want to have to do this living. I just walk around. I want to be swept off my feet, you know? I want my children to have magical powers. I am prepared for amazing things to happen. I can handle it." - [Richard Swersey played by John Hawkes in Me And You And Everyone We Know]


    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails