{tweet.tweet}

    @nikolspencer

    Saying this will change your life might be dramatic, but a part of me kind of believes it.

    Lightning Dust - Listened On


    "You can reach into the middle of this song, to its core, and hold on to it for the support you need. No matter what goes on around it, that voice, it walks like a pre-teen in high heels, wobbly ankles, it's so true and sad, and it doesn't kid around. If you've ever cut down a Christmas tree, you know what I'm talking about. You can reach right in, past the needles and branches, the ne'er-do-much strumming and the merely periphery organ, and hold on to that voice to keep your balance, to grab hold when the bottom falls out, to carry it home with you. She sings like she'd never look you in the eye." [via Said The Gramophone]

    Heard the sound from miles away
    and it thumped in my ear like a drum.
    I was picked out of everyone, so listened on.
    Took me out of a passion I'd imagined
    and sent me out on a search.
    If it hadn't rained so hard that night
    I could have made it to your house by 1.

    But sometimes when you're walking alone
    you feel your mind start to lose control
    and I felt like a vicious joke
    would have killed me all the way home.

    We were running through the night so fast
    but none of us could catch up to you.
    Day shone a little less light so you
    taught me how to follow my shadow.
    Could have sunk me like a stone
    but the stars shine brighter in the sky
    then the dust from the dirt below.

    But sometimes when you're walking alone
    you feel your mind start to lose control.
    And I felt like a vicious joke
    would have killed me all the way home.

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails