{tweet.tweet}

    @nikolspencer

    I'm managing a colony of ants and fairies.


    I have a little morning ritual after Addi leaves for school... I chat with Barstow for a few, check my email and read the new posts from the 83 blogs I follow while eating breakfast. Why don't I have any time to read books again? [Which reminds me... I finished mine. Review time later.]

    I am always on the look-out for new inspiration, although I find it everywhere. Sometimes I will be riding the train and the look on someones face makes me feel like painting... something I haven't done in a while. Too long. Rambling aside, I came across a blog called Fifty Words, in which Sam writes exactly fifty word stories Monday through Friday. I've been sitting on this blog for a while, just wanted to make sure I was in the right frame of mind to read the posts... I don't really know what that means. I read the majority of his posts this morning and am in love. I am circling this and drawing a heart around him. Here's a taste of his project...

    the thing he wrote
    from Fifty Words

    After writing it from his heart, he killed it himself, just to be safe, and started over, stripping it of lovingly-crafted adverbs and drowning its passive voice in poison. Across the anvil of grammar he struck with the hammer of pathos until it glowed hot and bright, ready for battle.

    [sigh]
    Another thing I discovered... Special K smells like Addi's pee diapers. I'm not sure what to do with that.

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails