{tweet.tweet}

    @nikolspencer

    She escaped through a keyhole before they could erase her...

    I feel like I've been left out of the biggest secret ever. As we age, minutes of our days are stolen, aren’t they? Are these minutes banked for later days, retirement perhaps? Hopefully, I'll be sane enough to enjoy them when I cash them out.

    I'd love to say some seriously important reasons kept me from writing, but truth is... I let other people's opinions silence me. That's the worst isn't it? I fell prey to their judgments and let them dictate my actions. Why? What a hypocrite I have been. Be yourself and never falter. Excuse me... I have some crow to eat.

    Truth is there is growing ferocity burning just under my surface. I willingly sacrificed a lot for what I thought I was for the benefit of something important. And something that was not just important to me, but to my family. My budding little family. I lost touch with friends, I've lost contracts, I've lost some sanity and many times... my mother loving mind. What a year. Maybe I'll tell you about it sometime. But right now, I'm going to let out this breath I've been holding in and I'm going to have a long overdue beer. I'm done being someone else.

    How about a quick catch up? My son, Mr. Monster, as Monkey refers to him, will be 6 months old in a couple weeks. He is the sweetest, most good natured child I have encountered thus far. He’s my favorite little man. We’re working on crawling right now…well… correction. He’s working on crawling. I’m working on getting everything out of his sight.

    My daughter, Monkey…Mini-Me… Little Mama, will be 5 in 2 months. Time is moving too fast. I would swear it was two lifetimes ago that we set out on our own and raised this place we call home. I know she’ll never remember our solo time together, but I hope that she never feels slighted or left out with the addition of her little brother. There isn’t a thing I wouldn’t do for her. She’s saved me from myself so many times, I’ve lost count. Mr. Monster will have one of the best souls ever to guide him. That much I know for sure.

    I’ve also been working on several different projects over the last year. Let’s see… I illustrated a children’s book. Yes… it has been published. Yes… you should buy it. ;) I have designed a couple logos, one or two websites, done a couple branding and marketing projects, started working on my own ideas for a children’s book and am just a few more steps away from launching a dear and lovely project with one of my favorite people. It’s been a good time, work wise.

    There’s been a lot of change in my life this year. I’m on the verge of so many things I feel like I’m going to burst from anticipation. Let’s hope I can continue to keep my shit together.


    1 comment:

    @JRPorter said...

    Have I told you lately that I love you? Oh, I haven't, well I do - a lot :)

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails