{tweet.tweet}

    @nikolspencer

    I take my sugar with coffee and cream.

    I've been randomly meeting someone for coffee, abusing Twitter and texting enough to wear down both my thumbnails, but this weekend marked another first for me. My official first date since picking up and dusting myself off. Saturday, I met up with The Boy. He's a friend of some of my best friends. We've met a handful of times prior to getting to know one another but all encounters were just minor blips on my radar. I realize now, that I was truly missing out by not getting to know him before. We were both either with someone else or just emotionally indisposed. I'm the Queen of Bad Timing, though. That seems to be another consistent phrase in all my previous relationships, "our timing was bad". Yeah. Yeah.

    We laughed, talked and just got to know each other. Nothing monumental happened, but it was exactly what I was looking for. Contrary to what people seem to think about me, I don't need big fancy shows of appreciation or affection and I don't need activities to keep me entertained. I like people. I thrive on conversation. I exist on inward reflection and swoon over those mature enough to adequately express and share themselves. God, I sound like a character out of a Woody Allen movie, who coincidently... I am madly passionate about.

    I've often been told I'm high maintenance and I don't disagree, but I'm not in the typical sense. I don't do spa days. Never had a manicure or a pedicure in my life. Last month was the first time my hair had been cut in a year. I couldn't give two shits about name brands... I don’t get the Coach hype. Seriously. I am an emotional person. I have a highly active brain and a mouth that's typically unhinged. I love listeners, but I bore myself after a while. Engage me. That's the only maintenance I require... and so far, he's doing a pretty damn good job of keeping up.

    So, for all those who asked, I had fun and genuinely appreciate the role The Boy (as I will lovingly refer to him... at least until something more fitting pops into my head) has played in my life the past month. I can't tell you what I want, what I am looking for, what I expect ... or anything really... but I had a great time and it was nice to be seen again.


    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails