{tweet.tweet}

    @nikolspencer

    ...and found.

    I'm feeling very nostalgic right now. I've been trying to find my center a lot more these days... however, I'm open to the idea that I am just getting old.

    In Branson, I discovered a long lost love. Country music. I know already... you think it sucks. However, it calms me. It's the strangest sensation. Really. I went through all my old music files and pulled out all the twangy tunes I could get my hands on. I'm not sure how or why the obsession began, but I was 12 years old. My friends were into Green Day, Nirvana, The Offspring..etc. Garth Brooks was more my speed. I would put my Walkman on and sing at the top of my lungs as I went about my chores. I still do that. Honestly. Please do not sneak up behind me during one of these singing fits... I'm oblivious to my surroundings while plugged in. I pack a mean punch. Ask J.

    So, I've gone back to my roots and I'm waving my freak flag here. I know. I should get a new one... this one is tattered and worn. I have a question though... recently, I have discovered that people actually read this thing. Go me! So, to those in attendance, what do you listen to when you are reconnecting? What associations do you make with the melodies? I had a great friend once, the best anyone could have, that would sit with me until all hours of the night and dissect all of our favorite songs searching for deeper meanings within them and ourselves. I miss that. And him.

    More importantly, I've realized I am missing, heart- aching - missing, too many key players in my life. Where did they go? Oh... that's right. I pushed them away. Go me.

    MoodyMelody.
    Cyndi Thompson.
    What I Really Meant To Say.

    No comments:

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts with Thumbnails